Droppin' Science

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

For the Love of ipod

Why is it that my ipod seems to read my mood?
I have a fairly large and diverse music collection, of which I keep about 70% of it on my 80gig ipod video. I get bored with the same music all of the time, so my playlists get deleted within weeks of their creation. Mostly, I just use the wonderful ipod "shuffle music" option on the main menu. This takes the 4,500 or so songs I have painstakingly arranged by artist or album and claims to play them "at random." I swear that, whatever mood my mind is in, my ipod seems to read that and play music accordingly, almost like it reads bio-feedback from my brain signals (cue the eerie music). When I'm sad or lonely, my ipod plays slower, mellow tunes and when I'm working-out, it plays hyped-up faster beat tunes. I like Steve Jobs (Apple CEO), I really do. He's revolutionized the personal music/video genre by creating a simple product that anyone can use. Do you really think he had underlying technology for brain scan feedback loops embedded in this little personal device? I don't know, but if you see a guy walking around with aluminum foil wrapped around his headphones, don't laugh out loud.

1 Comments:

  • Welcome back poster nutbag. My mp3 player supposedly plays "random" too, but I swear it must keep track of when I shuffle past songs I don't want to hear because it hardly ever chooses them again.

    By Blogger Nate, at 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home